6/27/2013

Toccoa...Go Tell 2013...Week #1 and Training

Well, here I am on the eve of the last part day of camp (tomorrow there is a meeting where campers and youth leaders are given an opportunity to give a testimony on what God has done in their lives this week)...Hmmm, where to begin...well, last week we had an awesome week of training and prep for the 1st week of camp. On Saturday we went into Helen, GA, and went tubing down the Chattahoochee River and had a pretty quiet and relaxing day. The next day we went off to church. Got a bite to eat at a Chinese Restaurant. About 12:30pm we started unpacking and setting up production with a group of awesome interns and production people...

Then on Monday CAMP BEGAN!! I am not gonna get all the details in on every day, however let me give you a snapshot of a day like today!

This morning I got up at about 7:45am. I ate 2 meal bars for breakfast. I then went to a morning devotional with the Go Tell interns (there were 4 praise songs, a testimony, and then we went over various things concerning the day). We then went to Breakout groups where the Interns lead a group and have an ice breaker and then teach. The aim of this Breakout Group is to teach the campers how to share their story (or testimony in the traditional sense). We also explained the importance of their story and how it has power. Today various ones in my Breakout group had the opportunity to share their stories, this time was so special.

After Breakout time there is lunch and then from 1-5 Rec time. Today I hung out at the Lake and helped out there. For the latter part of Rec Time I helped out with canoes (helped people get in...taught some people how to paddle...). Then we had dinner...and then on to the evening service where I run a camera for production. Let me just say that tonight's session was SO POWERFUL. Josh McDowell told us his story. He has such an intense story and God has got him through so much. For the altar call tonight what he encouraged people to do was for those who are saved to ask their unsaved friend if they want to go down to the altar together. Man, it brought me to tears to see friends going to the altar. A true friend supports in every area!

Well, here I am up at the girls dorm making sure guys don't go down their hall. Good night my friends. Please pray for strength for the interns. Also, pray for supernatural patience, and love to flow out of us! Love you all!

Adam D. Parker <><
 Tubing in Helen, GA
 Intern Picture here on the Lake
Picture of the stage and some of the production things we set up.

2 comments:

Marie said...

Hey Adam!

I feel like I heard Josh McDowall (sp?) preach years ago.... maybe if was him sharing his testimony.

God bless you as you serve God this way this summer! I love you.

Anonymous said...

Went last year going this year...it is an amazing camp!!!