6/17/2013

Adventures in Traveling and Night #1 of Training

Here I am sitting in my room in Toccoa, Georgia. Had a good trip today :-) Got here safely to Toccoa with a couple small incidents. Passed two OVERSIZED LOADs just in time. Right after I passed the first OVERSIZED LOAD they had to take up the whole 2 lanes of highway because they were going over a bridge. The second one had to get in my lane right after I passed them because a semi was trying to get on the highway.

Then as I was driving along on the highway I saw a little baby doe right next to me. As I watched the doe from my rearview mirror I saw her run onto the highway right in front of a semi and proceed to stumble to her knees. The semi miraculously slowed down and didn't hit her (and forced a truck behind the semi to drive on the rumble strip).

Lastly, as I was driving it sounded like my relay for my blinker was freaking out. I would put my blinker on and then after I turned it off I could hear the blinker relay keep going (sounds like the blinker is blinking still) so I didn't know if my blinkers were going to town and flashing on and off as I drove down the highway. Thankfully when I got to my destination I determined that my blinkers will only come on when I tell them to and not even if the relay freaks out.

So, I got to Toccoa. I then went with the group of interns that are here (they are mostly vet interns right now, most of the the newbys get here on Wednesday ) to Pizza Hut for dinner. We then went back to the Georgia Baptist Convention Center for a bit of training and vision casting. One thing we are going to work on as interns is learning to share the story of our journey with Christ since people are so interested in personal stories (just look at the popular shows in TV today, the thing that draws people to Duck Dynasty, The Voice, America's Got Talent, etc... is the stories of those involved with these shows).

Well, I am gonna get going. Got breakfast tomorrow at 8am and then we are gonna meet up at 9am and I think (not 100% sure) we are then going to be doing some group unity building things (like a ropes course or something).

Thanks again for all your support and prayers!
Adam Parker <><

No comments: