7/12/2007

I´ve been in Peru for a month now!!


















Top to bottom 1) A Seal or Sea lion on the boat trip 2)On the boat trip 3)An old bridge or dock, kinda reminds you of ¨Pirates of the Carribbean¨4)A huge image in the sand thats been there for hundreds of years, people aren´t quite sure how they were made, there are different ideas 5) With Isaac, he lived in the church in Pisco 6)With Joel, the pastor´s son in Pisco 7)Soccer in the street!!

Its been an awesome experience here so far and I know that it will continue to be amazing!!! If you try to post a comment and find that you can´t just e-mail me at Maineiac85@yahoo.com...
So, the group of missionaries who were here the first month (A trip) left on July 3rd...The group of us here for 2 months (12 of us) have been doing various things...Ate at Chilis on July 4th, played pictionary, Youker (a card game)...we went to a town near the Pacific Ocean called Pisco for about 3 full days and did a a couple days of ministry. One day we did the ¨Ragman¨ around Pisco and shared the love of Jesus Christ...the other day we went prayer walking and encouraged Christians and gave tracts out...Good stuff. One day in Pisco we went on a boat ride and saw penguins, birds, seals or sea lions, and other stuff.

Well, tomorrow (13th, early in the morning...midnight) the B trippers (another group of missionaries here for a month) come...We have a day of training...drama training...and then the next day I think we´ll be going back out to minister.

Oh, Marie, that book on Jim Elliot and his Journaling is AWESOME...his 100% being sold out for God is Amazing...a good role model...Love you all...you are missionaries wherever you are. Be a bright shining light for Jesus Christ Everywhere!!!
To the ends of the earth,
This world for King Jesus,
Adam Parker
¨Hasta luego¨

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Adam,
We got back from Maine last night about 2:30 am. Bennie was the last driver. We had a blessed time but wish you could have been there. I know you are having a great time where you are. Thanks for the pictures. You look cold on the boat ride. I remember that it is winter there. Hope this comment goes through. We love you.

Anonymous said...

Dear Adam,
I see that the comment worked. That is great. Matt and Lexi were able to come to Maine for a short time. We actually stayed at Matt and Lexy's place the first night. Lexy gave us dinner. It was nice to see where they live. We stopped at Roxy's place and saw Roxy and the boy's. They have done alot to the home. We went on to Maine. Dad did a great job on Saturday. Matt and Benny were in the parade as well as body guards. Dad did an awsome job singing. Matt and Lexy, Krista and Benny and then I each had a chance to ride on the neighbor's jet skies. We love you and are very proud of you. Thankyou for being a harvester for Jesus. Dad loves you too. Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey Buddy! How are you doing? We miss you. How are the shoes holding up for you? We went canoeing on the lake with Krista and your Mom. It was rough and we could have tipped over. When you get back in town, give me a call and we will do dinner. I miss you and love you bro. Yup. Have fun. Benny

Anonymous said...

Dear Adam,

Yeah you mentioned me in your blog:) Last week was the Senior High camp and we had a speaker Chuck and His wife Linda come out. Some of what they talked about was to be totally sold out to God, to deny yourself... Like Amy Carmicheal. She lived in India and had a home for like 500-1,000 girls...their mothers secertly left them for Amy so that the girls wouldn't have to be temple prostitutes. The first time Linda talked about Amy it made me want to cry:) It's like GOd is drawing my heart to abandoned kids/overseas missions again. Krista and I have started talking about doing YWAm sometime this fall or sometime....I'd be on staff she'd be a student. Maybe in Africa...we both really need to pray and see what God would have for us.

I'm glad you like the book...oh yeah Jim Elliot I believe looked at Amy Carmicheal as a mentor actually.

I love you tons "little brother"...I'm praying for you! It will be good to hear your stories. I've missed you.

Any prayer requests?

Pray for me this week, if you get this message on July 22nd or sometime...for physical grace. I tend to get rather tired near the end of the weeks....

I should go before too long and get ready. I haveta drive to PA like at 12:15...today being Sunday. We have a staff meeting at 2 and the kids come at 3!!!

What are you doin' this fall?

God bless! Give God everything! And follow HIm WHEREVER HE TAKES YOU!!!! YOOHOO!!!:)

your big, lil' sister Marie