6/28/2007

Hola Todo!!!

Hey,

Here I am at an Internet cafe in Lima, Peru on Thursday evening...This has been an awesome week of ministry, for some of my stories go to www.globalexpeditions.com, Projects, Summer, Peru C and you can see stories from the ¨Field¨ and pictures on the top of the page...

Every day is an awesome day!! A basic day we get up about 6:50 ish and have b-fast at 7am...Quiet time from 7:30-8:30...Get together with my team of about 20 people (our team is called ¨Sol Family¨....we then get onto the bus and head to our ministry site...on the bus someone might say some ¨nugget¨from the Bible...we might sing some praise songs and pray for the site we are going to...

After we get to the site we get into our ministry group (MIG) and invite people to the drama, ¨Tenemos un teatro in cinco minutos, venga!!¨ We then go back to the ministry and square off, which makes our stage...We have an intro and then some fun skits like the ¨Catch All¨where one guy catches all these malladies from other sick people and then a pregnant lady comes and the Catch all runs off screaming. Another skit is called ¨The Ugly Man¨which has one person´s head under a sweat shirt...four people look under the sweat shirt and run off screaming...the fourth person looks under the sweat shirt and the ugly man runs off screaming...Next we have a Testimony by a missionary and then do our main Drama called ¨Freedom¨...its and awesome drama showing how Jesus takes our sins or chains on Himself and takes it to the cross and then raises from the dead, conquering death and sin...gives the Peruvian people a visual. One of our leaders then does the ¨Net¨which is basically the Alter Call...we then get back into ur MIGs and go share Jesus with people...

Yesterday, Wednesday, at one site a group of guys went to a park to invite some guys to the drama. These guys were selling Marijuana but some of then followed us back to the drama and as we walked back I prayed that God would protect us and bind the demons of addictions and open these guys ears to the gospel. A friend of mine shared his testimony at that site about his past in drugs like Marijuana and his freedom through Christ, he was really able to connect with these guys and some of them gave their lives to Christ...so many other Amazing things have happened here but you´ll just have to wait and talk to me later and keep checking this blog and the Global Expeditions site...Thanks again to all of you who gave and are praying for this trip, its AMAZING and AWESOME!!!!!! Please pray for our energy and healing for those who are sick and for protection from sickness...Love Ya´ll, we are all World changers for God changes the world through the Seeds we sow!

To the ends of the earth,
This world for King Jesus,
Reporting from Lima, Peru on 6-28-06 at 8:42pm
Adam Parker

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is great!! Enjoyed talking to you this evening on the phone. It will be awsome to hear all of your stories when you get home. I wish you could come to Maine with us. I would like you to be one of my body guards in the parade. So far it will be Benny and Matthew with black suits and sunglasses. I will be riding on the back of a 52 Chevy. Fun, Huh?? I will be praying for you. Love, Dad

Anonymous said...

Dear Adam,
Nice report on your blog. It was good to talk to you on the phone tonight. God bless you in being the team leader tomorrow. You have earned that privilege. Good for you.
As Dad said, We took your car to get inspected. Later it was ready and waiting outside to be picked up. It was pouring rain. The inspection guy didn't offer to get the car for me cause of the rain. He is a funny guy.
I helped Dad some today at Harry Hearde's dentist office.
I am sorry that you didn't get any of my messages. We had a great time at the conference. They even had a tennis tournament and boxing tournaments on the screens. It was called WEEE. Todd Ryder won the tennis and the carribian connection guy won the boxing. Some of the contestants would act the part. It was a blast. On Sunday morning many rededicated their lives or got saved. John Crowe spoke and others. We love you and are so proud that you are being the hands and feet of Jesus. Love Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi! Adam, I sat behind your Mother in church this morning and she incouraged me to send a note. Not many in church, but alot of teens. Caleb is back, we missed him. Sounds like you are experiencing wonderful events and we are anxious to see and hear all about your trip upon return. This week is the 4th of July and I will play in the Clarke County Band before the fireworks at the Fairgrounds. I hear you are into Mime and drama--which you can do so well!! Our prayers, Agape, Nancy and Ted Bishop

Anonymous said...

Hey Adam,

I know I haven't gotten in touch with you much at all. I've been REALLY BUSY the last 3 weeks. I was at Dana's like 2 weeks ago...than I flew back to VA. on a Sunday (and only got like 1 hour and 45 mins. of sleep the night before)...got in to VA like 10:30 in the morning...drove home (after being picked up around 2pm?ish...)took a nap got up and packed went to bed for the night than the next morning left to PA for training week for Rhodes Grove Camp.

So I was at RG for about a week and a half than Alecia, Tara and I drove about 1 hour and 10 mins this last Wednesday, away to Agape Farm where the Creation Festival is Held. We got there on Wednesday and I finally drove home late last night and got in like 2:40am here to home.

I slept in today until like 1:50! Whoo hoo!!! I needed it.

So as you can see I have been rather busy. But it's been good. I'm glad I have today to breath a bit... I might go take another nap than do laundry.

I'm leaving tomorrow like at 9:30 or so to drive back to camp for the 1st week of camp with campers. It will be "Day Camp" which is a good camp to ease into because the campers are only there till 3 each day instead of over night.

This year I am the craft lady. We ended up buying alot of bead stuff so that will be cool teaching the kids how to make fabulous jewelery!:) I'm also a head counselour for a cabin...and because I'm "older" I have driven the 12 passager van a few times. I actually like driving it...it's really tall but I'm comfortable with it. I've driven it 3 times so far...and may end up driving it to make the canoe runs sometimes...but maybe not if it coincides with craft time.

Walk in the Spirit and I believe God could use you as an instrument in his hand in ways you will be astounded at. But rember God is the one welding the weapon/instrument!

It will be good hearing your stories and seeing you again Adam. :)

I love you! I've been praying for you I'd say at least everyday and probably more than once a day:) You've been on my heart little brother.

You have alot of persistance and a great work ethic...I'm glad you and God are making your dreams happen.:)

God bless! And I'll keep praying for you!

Any prayer requests?

-your big little sister, Marie:)

Anonymous said...

Adam, thanks for keeping us posted! The skits sound so cool! Which ones are you in, you center stage funny man! I hope the weather has been good for you. It's rained a lot here recently. Just lots of cloud bursts here and there. I'm not complaining. Rain in the summer is great! It did make watching fireworks a little more interesting though! We have had a foster child all week. A little boy named Matthew. It's been a bit of a challenge. Definitely throws your schedule off! But we know that what we do for Matthew, we do for Christ. He'll be leaving for home tomorrow. Our puppies are growing! They are so fluffy right now! Greg has put them in the Washington Post today, so I'm not sure how much longer we'll have them. Did you ever get to see them? I know Marie did, and your parents came over on Sunday to see them. They are the cutest bundles of fluff! Only about 2 1/2 pounds!
I'm so glad things are going well for you down there. Thanks again for keeping us posted! We are praying for you! Keep close to Christ!
Love, Diane Gum

Adam said...

I`m in the skit ¨Freedom¨ and going to be in ¨Ragman¨ have Krista and Marie explain them to you

Anonymous said...

Adam,
I left you something on myspace.
I love you brow and I'm praying for you. I know God movinf in Big ways,
I love you,
Krista

Unknown said...

Adam:

Now I see how to post things. Don't laugh at me because I work for an Internet company and don't blog. Your the first one I have ever really read or tried to comment on so thanks for making one!

Pictures look great, hope you are keeping it real in the deep, deep south. Peace and God Bless

Jim