7/23/2007

¨...He changes the world with the seeds we sow¨

Well there´s a song I really enjoy calles ¨Little is much¨...It goes ¨Little is much when God´s in it and no one can fathom the plans he holds, little is much when God´s in it, He changes the world with the seeds we sow...

So, this is my second month, we have an awesome new group of missionaries here, sold out to God!!! The first couple of days my team, The Freedom Fighters, did ministry here in Lima, drama and evangelizing...We then headed about 3-4 hours out of Lima to a town called Chincha (very close to Pisco). Here we did the drama ¨Freedom¨, did some personal evangelism, and VBS. One place we did VBS was in a poor neighborhood that was really dusty (on the last day of VBS here a 8 year old boy, Eduardo, gave his life to Christ, yahoo!!!). We also did VBS two days at an all girl orphanage. They loved us, and many missionaries´ hearts were touched (don´t take your family for granted, God is a father to the fatherless). One girl on the trip feels called to start an orphanage in Mexico, and this help solidify her vision.

So, one day in ministry...we had finished the drama, spoke to various people. I took some money out of my backpack to use the Baño (50 centimos was needed)...I put my backpack near our soundbox...left...and when I came back, my backpack was no where to be found, it had been stolen. (I guess robbers go up and down this particular road and had seen me take money out of my back pack)...But, let me put it this way: so, this backpack was full of ¨seed¨...Spanish Bibles, tracts, my Bible, my notebook of Journaling and notes from meetings, an electronic translator (they can translate my notebook into English!!!), glasses (maybe they can see the literature better now), some bars (fed spiritually and physically), possibly about 3 cameras (don´t worry, I´ll try to get some disposable cameras for Macchu Picchu), my cd player, many Cds (Jordan, I´m so sorry, that Downhere Cd was in there), and my Nalgene water bottle...May God use those seeds to change Chincha, it was all God´s any how
(¨ you are noy your own, you were bought with a price¨, if I´m not my own, nothing I own is my own either!! Plus, God works all things together for good!!).

At the site we went to after this incident, we led 4 people to christ and encouraged about 5 young Catholic students in the things of God (they knew Christ personally...and I hope that each of you who read this blog trust Him too!!). This message of Christ is the most importand message in the world!!!

Well, I´m gonna get going. God bless you all, love you, and see you later.

Adam Parker
7/23/07
Lima, Peru
To the ends of the earth, this world for King Jesus!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey,
Adam I miss you!That is to bad about your stuf geting stolen but I know God whill provide.
Hey I know what I'm going to do in the fall. I'm going to a ywam in Barbaos for traning that whill last for 3 months then going to work with the street kids in Brazil, the poor and needy in Guyana or the AIDS orphans of Africa for 2 months. I leave oct.1 And get back 5 months later.
I'm hear just leting od use me...
I'm praying for you.
God Bless Love Krista

Anonymous said...

Dear Adam,
It is awsome what you have been doing for the Lord. I am proud of you. It will be great to have you home which is coming soon. Our 30th anniversary was the 23rd of July. Krista made us a really nice meal and set up a neat table on the deck with candles. I put on my wedding suit and it was VERY tight. Later we looked at wedding pictures together. God is good!! Call soon!! Love you, DAD

Anonymous said...

Dear Adam,
Marie just got home from doing her camp councelling. This is Saturday. I went to bed very late last night and slept in very late today. Dad brought me brunch in bed. That was special. Krista has gone down to see Benny this weekend. Yes, Krista made our anniversary evening very special. She fixed a meal for us and waited on us. I put my gown on and Dad his suit and I marched down the hallway to our wedding music. Tim Murray played the music before the wedding and we had that playing during the meal and then Krista put on other "love" music. We love you and pray for you and are proud of you. Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

Adam,
I hope you can get a copy of you doing your drama. I would love to see you acting in the drama. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Yikes! Wow too bad that happened...but you're attitude is awesome! Yes there was alot of seed in your bag huh:)

I got home yesterday from camp. Friday was the last day campers were there. This week went well and like you said we did our part and sowed seeds...now it is up to God to make them grow.

I don't know what I'm gonna do this fall...can you pray God will guide me.

I stayed home from church today. Just takin' a really lazy day off. I work Monday...and got home yesterday at like 4ish sooo...I wouldn't have otherwise had a full day off if I didn't skip church.

I'm plannin' on goin' to church next week. Before too long I should get both of my bottom wisdom teeth checked out and probably pulled...also I believe I have a cavity on the right side of my mouth because of a widome tooth which I need to get fixed...cause it caused ache, tooth ache.

Stay at it! Keep running strong! Also you are showing God with your faithfulness down there that He can trust you with even more!

I love you Adam...prayin' for ya!

-love Marie

Anonymous said...

Hey that sucks about your bag being lost but you have a great outlook on things. Have a safe trip back! I miss Peru!