7/08/2006

Memories :-)

Here today I am going to relate to ya'll some funny memories from my life.

Memory #1) When I was in 3rd grade I went to a public school in Maine. There they made quite a big thing about Earth Day. I remember memorizing songs for an Earth Day program. One song went like this:

Earth Earth baby, your the only one, the only Earth I've ever known under the sun
I'll fly with you wherever you go, I want, I want, I want to tell you
I love you so, I love you so.

Earth Earth baby, I love everything about you, Earth Earth baby, I couldn't live without you
You are so awesome, your a dream come true
Earth Earth baby, I will always love you...

Isn't that a riot. I remember that when we performed this at the Earth Day program I had a jean jacket on with the collar flipped up and sunglasses.

Memory #2)
My sister will love me for this one:-)

One day my sister and myself were on our way to a soccer game. We were driving on the high-way when I saw a truck pulling a car. I said to my sister, "Look at that". And she replied, "Thats not very safe". She didn't notice that one was towing the other, it looked to her that one car was tailgaiting the other.

Memory #3)

You may remember from my first post that I went to Okinawa, Japan in 2003. Well, while in Okinawa my mission team visited an English classroom at a primary school. Here we were split up into small groups and went to different "stations"(one group did origami). My group went to a "station" where some girls showed us the Shumisen(something like that). It had 4 strings and no frets, kinda guitarish.

After these "stations" we performed a funny skit for the students called the "Catch All" (I wont explain it now, but if you want to know what the "Catch All" skit is then post it in the Comments and I'll explain). After that 10 of us missionaries made a line facing 10 Okinawan students. We then took turns playing "Jon, Ken, Pon"(Rock, Paper, Scissors) with the person right across from us. The winner would ask the other a question in English(we had a sound box, so the Questions and Answers were said into the mic).

*This is where it gets interesting ;-)*
After we had gone down the line, the teacher of this English class asked, "Are there any more Questions?", and me, with my Western ear thought she said, "Are there any Christians?" (remember, this lady had quite the Japanese accent). I saw a few of the Okinawan students raise their hands and thought it sad that there were only a few Christians in this group.Of course, all of us missionaries raised our hands. Then she said, "Okay we are going to go down the line and say our Questions" (and I'm thinking she's saying, "Okay we are going to go down the line and say we're Christians.").

So, I was first in line. I took the mic. Stood up. And I said, "I Am A Christian!!!"

I will never live this down. I remember our Team Leader gathering us all together and saying, "Hey guys, guess what, I Am A Christian."

Don't be surprised if someone says, "Any Questions?" and I say, "I am a Christian" :-)

Memory 4.)

You might not think this very funny, you just had to be there!

Well, it was my first year of Bible School up in NH. Also, I am one of those people who like to Scare people. One evening I was heading up to the dorm and I knew my buddy was behind me(and the dorm was dark). So I went into the dorm and sat right by the door. When my buddy came in I grabbed his leg.......he let out an AWESOME SCREAM!!!!! LOL, he was heard by a guy in the main house (where we have our dinners)....

Ok, thats all for now, hope you enjoyed it.

Adam Parker <><
(Jer. 29:11)

I am waiting here for my image to upload. Man, sure takes a bit, probably don't help that we have dial-up. We might get to have DSL in 6ish months, hurray!!! Hmmmm...so, church was good today (7-9-06). The pastor talked about how God brings us through tests (like God asking Abraham to sacrifice Isaac and then providing a ram{Gen. 22:1-18}) to see where our relationship with Him is or to see if we understand what we have learned from Him. Also, God will provide whatever you need in your "Test" to accomplish His will. Good stuff huh?

Still waiting. I tell you, this is going Slower Than A Slick Slug on Salt!!!

Got a new Cd recently by Mercy Me called "Comming up to Breathe", I'm enjoying it!! (please forgive me as I keep on blabbing on about random stuff as I wait for my pic). Test drove a BMW on Friday. The engine is Awesome, quiet and powerful. The bad things about it are 1.)Its a low rider, thus driving it over back roads will eat it up 2.)The sunroof needs a new wire to make it work 3.) One panel with the speaker is off one side and on the other side the panel is real loose.
I'm thinking I probably wont buy this one, we'll see?

Well, the picture isn't working for me tonight, I'll try some other time, until then, Hasta Luego.

11 comments:

Adam said...

Hey folks, comments are neat :-)

Avalanche Cowpoke said...

I agree---comments are neat! 8~)

Cara said...

Memory #2 was my favorite. Nice and random, well, they all were, but I still liked #2. And I laughed at the "I am a Christian" story. Funny stuff.

Cara said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Aaron said...

I liked #1. Those songs sound really rather hilarious! I suppose they probably weren't meant to be, though. Some people need to straighten out their priorities....

Shay Dawg said...

"I am a Christian" was my favorite memory. I laughed. And I remember that time about you grabbing your buddy's leg. Haha, you're a trip =)

Adam said...

Hey thanks, I like to take trips too:-)

Aaron said...

You know, comments ARE neat, but don't expect them to keep coming unless you post something(!!!) occassionally.

:-)

Marie said...

ya I like the "I am a Christian" comment too! Love ya Adam! Your profile pic is interesting.:) I think I may have a better one;)

Cheech said...

Memories are neat!:}

CKS said...

I laughed SOOO HARD at your Japan story!!! I'd never heard that before, and I could just picture you doing that. But at least you're not ashamed of the gospel! :-)